Solar Turbines Incorporated, a wholly owned subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., has been a pioneer in the design, manufacturer, and packaging of industrial gas turbines and related products and services for over 50 years. Solar® gas turbines play an important role in the development of oil, natural gas, and power generation projects around the world. Customers in 98 countries around the world count on Solar Turbines to provide rugged, reliable gas turbine systems, responsive service, and 24/7 product support - translating into low life cycle costs and excellent availability. Solar has installed nearly 14,200 gas turbines with over 1.8 billion operating hours of service, a level of experience unrivaled in their size class. Customers can depend on Solar support from our worldwide service network, 24-hour parts depots and factory-trained service personnel. Solar offers complete gas compression and power generation solutions, including turnkey services, financing, and operation and maintenance. Count on Solar's commitment to your complete satisfaction.
Oil & Gas
Rated from 1590-30,000 hp, Solar products for the oil and gas Industry work to power compressors and pumps for producing, processing and pipelining crude oil and natural gas, and providing power for offshore production platforms.
Rated from 1-22 MW, Solar’s generator sets are used for industrial power generation applications such as cogeneration, base-load electricity or emergency power for a wide variety of facilities including industrial/processing facilities, buildings and institutions, distributed power plants, and district energy systems.
- Optimize the value of your equipment
- Committed to helping customer's get the greatest output from equipment at the lowest operating and maintenance cost
- As the original equipment manufacturer (OEM), Solar understands the equipment down to the smallest detail
- Maintain, repair, overhaul, and upgrade services
- Training programs
- Machinery Management Services to help maximize the return on investment
- Machinery Renewal and Upgrade
- Package Refurbishment
- Overhaul service to restore equipment performance
- Conversions to industry-leading dry, low-emissions combustion system
- A Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental (QHSE) management system to provide a safe working environment
- Solar Certified Service Parts 24/7
Combined Heat and Power (Cogeneration)
Financial returns on energy savings can easily justify a cogeneration investment. But in today's markets, your benefits can extend much further. By controlling a major source of electric power, you gain leverage in an industry increasingly driven by market forces, thus more volatile and less predictable than before. With turbine-based generation in place, you can:
- Insulate yourself against spikes in market power prices
- Increase power reliability, thus lessening risk of critical process downtime
- Create opportunities to sell surplus power at a profit
- Environmentally friendly - More fuel efficiency reduces pollutant emissions to the air.
- Every percentage point gain in efficiency proportionally reduces emissions of the “greenhouse gas" - carbon dioxide
- Governments worldwide encourage and support cogeneration
- Delivers attractive returns even where heat and power demands fluctuate
- Capture exhaust heat directly for product curing and drying
- Heat water or industrial process fluids
- Produce steam for space heating, district heating or industrial processes
- Create steam to drive absorption chillers for space cooling or refrigeration
- Capable of 40 to 50 percent electrical efficiency and as high as 85 percent overall fuel efficiency with exhaust heat recovery
- Solar's rugged and reliable gas turbines can operate on a wide variety of fuels, including natural gas, distillates, NGL, LNG, landfill and sewage gases, coal-seam methane, hydrogen, and others. In addition, these versatile gas turbines are available with dual-fuel and triple-fuel systems allowing them to operate interchangeably on multiple fuels for even greater operating flexibility.
- Solar® gas turbines can be equipped with our advanced technology, dry, lean-premixed SoLoNOx™ combustion systems for pollution-prevention to meet stringent emissions standards and help our customers do their part in taking care of the planet.
- Around the world, more and more people are recognizing the benefits to the environment and the favorable economics of renewable energy sources. These renewable energy sources include biomass-derived fuels, such as landfill and digester gas. Renewable fuels represent an ever-increasing part of many countries' power generation mix, a trend expected to grow into the foreseeable future.